Monday, April 14, 2008

A letter to My Hungry Hungry Bear

Dear Peyton,

A lot of work went into getting this award!! Good job Boy! The past couple of years have been so worth it and you have had many examples of great leaders! How fun it was to watch you put on those funny bear gloves and fumble around in all those leaves in search of all those gummy worms! You sounded just like a starving bear coming out of hibernation! Thanks for not poking me with the pin as you pinned it on my shirt! Thank-you for making me so happy that night and yes! I did hold back a couple of tears because I felt so very proud of you my boy, we were in the right place at the right time because of the good choices you made to work hard! I do have to apologize of my attitude. I had the attitude of going through the motions of scouts each week because thats just part of the program, and thats just what so many boys your age are doing. Scouts. (I don't think I had ever been to a pack meeting before your first pack meeting) as it came to the end where he had some goals to finish and the pressure was on I almost gave up son! I asked your Dad (whose an Eagle Scout by the way) "Do we care if he gets these Scout awards?" He cared! Thats why he came home from work early to help you that day! And So All day long, and I mean all day long I read and studied that Bear book figuring what goals you had already done and what you had left to do. I am so glad that I put a million other things off that day, let me tell ya! I am grateful for this program! After learning so much more about the"Scouts" program I am thrilled at what all it has to offer! This is the kind of training I want you to have!!! My attitude has completely changed and I will do much better in taking an active role in this program! It is the kind of Tool that helps a Mama in bringing up her little boy to be a well rounded man of God and a very fine husband and father! (just like your Dad!) Keep up the good work buddy! We have so many great times ahead of us!
Love you,
Mom

P.S. Happy Birthday! Has it really been 10 years already?

1 comment:

jes said...

cute post! yea i was never big on scouting until i had to do things with it b/c of a calling.. and it really is a great program! kinda confusing at times though! sometimes it seems like they are speaking a new language! haha.. i think it does help those crazy boys:) 10 years?! wow, happy birthday peyton!