Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A DAY TO GO DOWN IN HISTORY!

Today I Voted! For me, I don't like to do an early ballot because I love the feeling that I get when I go down to the Voting Booths. Today that feeling started swelling up as My oldest daughter and I walked through the parking lot and into the polling place. It was a sweet feeling, almost brought me to tears. I could feel the Love of an all knowing Heavenly Father allowing his diverse children the freedom of choices to be made.
Whenever there is choice there is consequence. I Love to know my choices and I am willing to live up to the consequences!
I was reminded this morning of a trip we took our children on this past summer back to Missouri.


We took a walk down the "TRAIL OF HOPE" here is what we found:

The trail of Hope was the path the Early Pioneers took as they were leaving behind the beautiful city of Nauvoo they had worked so hard at building.

Here is the view, as many took one last look before they crossed the frozen River.
What consequences these Saints had to bear because of the choices they made.
How GRATEFUL I am to them for the choices they made and consequences they lived! The Lord supported them and protected them.
Oh how the choices that I make today are not just for me. "God, please Bless us on our Journey!"

1 comment:

jen byard said...

Hi Dawnell! We miss you guys...hope all is well with you!